This was our first week of almost full school! I added science, spelling, Latin, and Greek to the math and Tapestry of Grace assignments we were doing. I also resumed phonics, math, and handwriting with my younger son. I am so shocked, because it went smoothly!
My beautiful schedule that I posted here was made and admired for over 2 months before I actually put it to use. Part of me didn’t want to try the schedule because I knew it wouldn’t work. (I tend to be one of those glass half-empty people.) The perfectionist in me was planning for failure. However, it actually went well. Our days flowed smoothly. The children got their schoolwork down. I read books to my younger 2 children. I did my housework. I cooked dinner. WOW!
To summarize our week:
5th grade son
- Completed 5 exercises in Singapore Math 5B (Multiplying and dividing decimals by multiples of 10)
- Reviewed first 4 chapters of LFC Primer C and began chapter 5
- Took placement tests in Spelling Power and began Level H
- Put the final touches on the Royal Game of Ur.
3rd grade daughter
- Completed 10 pages in Miquon yellow. Will finish book next week and begin Singapore 3A.
- Started Spelling Power Level D
- Completed LFC Primer A Chapter 1
1st grade son
- Practiced C-V-C words with Happy Phonics
- Learned lowercase w and a in HWT
- Practiced writing and counting numbers 11-20 Singapore K 2A.
- Made a model ziggurat from boxes at TOG co-op
5th and 3rd grader
- Completed Week 1 in Elementary Greek 2. (Alphabet review and Uncial (uppercase) letters)
- Read 6 chapters in Tirzah (TOG)
- Completed compositions on the Tower of Babel (TOG)
- Listened to Exodus chapters 19-30 (TOG)
- Learned the furnishings of the tabernacle (TOG)
- Began making a model of the tabernacle (TOG)
5th, 3rd, and 1st grader
- Completed Lesson 1 in Elementary Zoology 3 (Predator and prey, animal careers)
- Made M&M habitat and did an M&M camouflage experiment
- Participated in TOG co-op
- Attended science class at local science museum