Well, I have to chuckle as I looked at the description of my blog. I say my purpose is to collect my thoughts on homeschooling, childrearing, etc. Apparently I don’t have many thoughts since I’ve let another 7 months go by and I haven’t written anything 😆
We finished our last “official” day for the school year today. All we did was math, listen to one chapter in Story of the World Part III and finish a map of Africa. But I like to kind of wind down. I feel like we actually learned a whole lot this year even with our little blessing coming in mid-October.
Here is a list of things I’ve learned this year.
- Begin my day with prayer.
- Begin our school day with prayer.
- I must guard against my tendency to just check things off instead of encouraging learning.
- I need to incorporate more projects into our learning.
- Schedules and routines are a good thing.
- Don’t let the schedule rule my life.
- Chores worked well this year. I need to give the kids more for next year.
We’re going to take a couple of weeks off. I do hope to continue with math periodically over the summer. I would also like to finish our history book. We have 6 more chapters.