For the last year I have been planning my menus a month at a time. For me this has several advantages over weekly meal planning.
- I really don’t like menu planning, so I had a tendency to skip a week without planning. With monthly planning I don’t have to plan as often.
- It doesn’t take 4 times as long to plan for the month as it does for a week, so it saves time.
- I take one major monthly grocery shopping trip per month to buy everything needed for the menus (with the exception of fresh vegetables and fruits.)
- Weekly shopping is reduced to milk, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables, along with sale items.
- Monthly planning has reduced my last minute eating out or picking up from the drive through stops to almost never!
Monthly menu planning works for me!